List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re:  HPUX-DEVTOOLS: where did #pragma prefetch go ?
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2008-04-10 20:28:15

> From: "Toon Knapen" <toon.knapen@gmail.com>
> I can find documentation about #pragma prefetch in the documeantion of
> v06.05 of the C compiler (http://docs.hp.com/en/B3901-90014/ch09s02.html).

This pragma was only for aCC3.  It was never implemented on aCC5 and was
ignored.

> I searched in the release notes if it was replaced by some other
> pragma and looked through the pragmas but could not find anything.

> So how can I provide prefetching hints to the aCC compiler from within my C
> source?
toon knapen

Use +Oprefetch_latency=cycles?

Or inline assembly:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=4308e2f5bde02110e2f5bde02110275d6e10RCRD

void _Asm_lfetch(_Asm_lftype, _Asm_lfhint, void *r3);
void _Asm_lfetch_excl(_Asm_lftype, _Asm_lfhint, void *r3);