List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re:  HPUX-DEVTOOLS: MCA on vPar?
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2008-03-08 2:44:16

>From: Stan Sieler <sieler@allegro.com>
>One of our customers's HP-UX systems crashed with an MCA,
>(Machine Check Abort on a vPar), possibly while running some of
>our software (not clear yet).

MCA's are hardware errors.  One link that Jo suggested looking at says
to send to HP:
http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1159757

>Any info on MCAs or how to analyze them would be greatly appreciated!
Stan Sieler

I've heard on an upcoming 11.31 release, you'll get a normal core file
if it can recover.  The most important thing is to realize you may not
be able to trust it, and it isn't a user problem.

>From: "Tzschenscher, Jo" <jo.tzschenscher@hp.com>
>did you try surfing the ITRC for "MCA" or the product-number B4708AA

I found a few links there.