List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Is there an API to get the status of a thread ?
From:       "hpuxuser hpux" <hpuxuser () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-19 4:10:47

Hi,

So I would need to have the lwpid for the a thread and store them in my
application.

I was thinking of an easier way out as you have mentioned in the sys call.

regards

Shankar K E

On 9/18/07, Stan Sieler <sieler@allegro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Short answer: Doesn't pstat_getlwp give you what you want?  Including the
> field int64_t lwp_start, which is the start time for the thread?
>
> Longer answer: one form is already in our product (HourGlass for HP-UX,
> IPF version).
> We implemented a new system call where you pass in a PID and a thread
> and we return the kthread_t structure for that thread of the specified
> process.
> It was that code I was thinking of leveraging/modifying to turn into a
> developer community
> shared system call mechanism.
>
> --
> Stan Sieler
> work:     www.allegro.com
> personal: www.sieler.com/wanted/index.html

# [ list software deleted text/html attachment, 1.3 kb ]

# [ 1 attachments dropped, 1.3 kb.]

# [ Please do not post attachments to mailing lists.        ]
# [ They can generate an immense amount of network traffic  ]
# [ as they are propagated to many hundreds of recipients.  ]