List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Need help : 11.31 : Warnings with kcmodule
From:       "Pai, Vishwas" <vishwas () hp ! com>
Date:       2007-06-11 7:45:54

> (root@slpas28)[/usr/conf/mod] kcmodule -v net
> WARNING: The file '/usr/conf/mod/dmpaa.1' does not contain valid
>          kernel code.  It will be ignored.
> Module              net  (1.0)
> Description         Network Infrastructure

You can ignore these messages. They probably getting printed
because someone had made copies of original modules (dmpaa
etc) as dumpaa.1 . You can remove "/usr/conf/mod/dmpaa.1"
(and others) if "/usr/conf/mod/dmpaa" exists and kcmodule
shows a proper status for those modules.

> Also we are not sure what the following files are:
>
> ----
> (root@slpas28)[/] ls /usr/conf/mod | grep "\."
> dmpaa.1
> dmpaaa.1

;-)

These are getting delivered as part of
"VRTSvxvm: Base VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1 for HP-UX".

--vishwas.