List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Query on newproc()?
From:       "Abhijit Toley" <abhijit_toley () symantec ! com>
Date:       2007-03-28 7:22:20

Hi Devtools,

We are presently porting our modules to 11.31. We have a few questions:

1. How to create a daemon process in the kernel and also make it the
session leader? We were using osetpgrp() (and hacking u.u_ap) for
accomplishing this, but in 11.31, "struct u" and therefore u.u_ap is
unavailable.

2. Is there a way to overwrite u.u_error in 11.31? We need this so that
we can ignore non-zero return values of non-critical calls.

Thanks a lot,

Abhijit Toley,
Symantec Software.

[ list software deleted text/html attachment, 1.8 kb ]

[ 1 attachments dropped, 1.8 kb.]

[ Please do not post attachments to mailing lists.        ]
[ They can generate an immense amount of network traffic  ]
[ as they are propagated to many hundreds of recipients.  ]