List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: problem with Aserver
From:       "Bhagat, Anu" <anu.bhagat () hp ! com>
Date:       2007-03-08 0:44:05

Hi, My partner Citrix has problem with HH-UX when using audio. They are
using HP-UX 11.11

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We have an intermittent problem which appears to be related to

the to use of AGetTransStatus by our HP ICA client. This application

uses APlaySSTream to play audio and uses AGetTransStatus to check on

progress.

The problem we are seeing is that AGetTransStatus sometimes hangs.

Tracing with tusc shows the AGetTransStatus is hanging in a select(2)

call suggesting that it is no longer talking to Aserver.

In more detail the environment is HP-UX 11.11 on a couple of B1000s with

audio patches PHSS_28547 and PHSS_28548 installed. The client loads

libAlibkt.1 at runtime.

An older version of the client which uses libAlib.1 does not appear to

hang. However I believe that this uses DCE/OSF threads, and because

changes elsewhere mean that the client now has to link with the POSIX

thread library libpthread.1, and hence move to the 'kt' version of

libAlib.

One thing we have found is that restarting Aserver appears to fix the

issue although we don't know if this is permanent or not.

Anu Bhagat
Technical consultant
Solution Alliances Engineering
Hewlett Packard Company
408-447-0717
anu.bhagat@hp.com

[ list software deleted text/html attachment, 8.0 kb ]

[ 1 attachments dropped, 8.0 kb.]

[ Please do not post attachments to mailing lists.        ]
[ They can generate an immense amount of network traffic  ]
[ as they are propagated to many hundreds of recipients.  ]