List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: vxfsio & VX_GET_IOPARAMETERS : does it exist?
From:       Stan Sieler <sieler () allegro ! com>
Date:       2006-12-05 0:15:19

Hi,

On both  11.11 (PA) and 11.23 "man vxfsio" says, in part:

      VX_GET_IOPARAMETERS
           Get the I/O parameters for optimized application I/O.  The
           argument arg points to a structure of type vx_ioparameters as
           defined in sys/fs/vxio.h.  The optimal I/O request sizes for
           applications using direct or discovered direct I/O are returned
           in this structure.  Applications using buffered I/O should use
           the st_blksize value returned ty stat for their I/O requests.
           The VX_GET_IOPARAMETERS ioctl returns a zero if the parameters
           are successfully obtained.  If the operation fails, the return
           value is -1 and the external variable errno will be a general
           DIAGNOSTIC.

           The fields in the vx_ioparameters structure are:

but, neither VX_GET_IOPARAMETERS nor vx_ioparameters exist in any .h file
under "/usr/include".  (And certainly not in /usr/include/sys/fs/vxio.h)

  cd /usr/include
  find . -exec grep -l VX_GET_IOPARAMETERS {} \;
  find . -exec grep -l vx_ioparameters     {} \;

(And, compiles of code referring to them get syntax errors :)

Any suggestions?

thanks,

--
Stan Sieler