List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: linking with unsatisfied symbols in 32-bit
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2005-08-05 22:36:25

>From: Steve Rawley <stever@gemstone.com>
>but the *only* way I have found to get an output file is using -r.

This is incorrect.  You should get an a.out if you have unsat errors.
But perhaps you should show the full -v output.
There are some ld errors where it will fail.

>Note that I am calling the linker with aCC, which outputs to a temp
>file, then runs it through c++filt. In this case, if there are
>unsatisfied symbols, the link is aborted and temp file is deleted. So
>there is no output file to chmod.

The temp file that aCC creates is just the file with errors that was
sent to stderr and stdout.  The executable should still be there.

>Perhaps I need to call ld directly?

Right don't do this.

>Only when linking C++ modules in 32 bit mode on HP do we have this problem.
Steve Rawley

Unless you have some kind of weird ld error, the executable should still be
there.