List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Delaying a pci_attach
From:       Carl Burch <cdb () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2003-04-25 17:09:24

John-

> I'm bringing up a PCI HBA driver under hp-ux 11.22 on IA-64.  I am
> having problems (in certain slots) because my pci_attach function gets
> called before the hba has finished its self-test.

> Is there any way I can tell the PCI bus driver (or whoever it is that
> calls pci_attach functions) to call me back later if I determine that
> the hba isn't ready yet?  The alternative is to delay, but I like to
> avoid idle delays when possible.

   I'm afraid most HPUX-DEVTOOLS subscribers aren't a good match for device driver
questions at this level.  Here's what I got when I asked about a similar channel
specific to third-party HP-UX kernel developers :

	... you can refer IHVs developing drivers on HPUX to the HPHP program
	(www.hp.com/dspp/hphp) - the email line to seek support is
	hphp_support@hp.com. Documents and toolkits are at www.hp.com/go/hpux_ddk.

Of course, when it's the build tools instead of device behavior that are giving
you a problem, then HPUX-DEVTOOLS is perfectly appropriate.

							Good luck,

								Carl Burch
								HP/JTL Tech Customer
								Satisfaction Team