List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re:  HPUX-DEVTOOLS: error during transition from cfront to aCC
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2003-04-24 7:55:58

(This should have been sent to CXX-DEV instead.)

>   The following is the error occurring during linking.
>      Class tables [Vftptr] dependent on key function: "lnk_ATTLC::
>~lnk_ATTLC()" (first referenced in .../libdssbmptst.a(wrapBMPTsts.o)) (data)

This message indicates you are not using the HP supplied obsolete
Standard Components.  We can't help you with specifics.

In that case the message would be:
Class tables [Vftptr] dependent on key function: "lnk_ATTLC::copy()"

Using Standard Components requires the use of +inst_implicit_include.

>The virtual function is defined in the system header file
>/opt/aCC/HP11/incl/List.h. How do we correct this error?
Vinay Guruviah

The HP supplied SC headers are in: /opt/aCC/include/SC/

>From: "mahesha" <mahesha@india.hp.com>
>You need to add -l++ to your linkline (i.e., link with library
>/opt/aCC/lib/lib++.a).

This won't work because they are not using HP's version.

>You must have compiled wrapBMPTsts.o with cfront compiler?
-mahesha

cfront would mangle it completely different.