List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    HPUX-DEVTOOLS: static STREAMS module
From:       "Hari TSR" <tsrhari () yahoo ! co ! in>
Date:       2003-04-16 6:30:22

Hi,

    I 've installed a STREAMS module [satically linked to the kerenel] and
enabled it in the SAM successfully. The module is a simple conversion
module. There is no problem during the installation of the module.

    But, when I push the module into the Stream, ioctl(fd, I_PUSH,
"mymodule") [In the sample program using that module]. The programs hangs at
that point. Even I was unable to kill that process using kill -9 process.no.
and neither the program ginves error, and there is no entries in the syslog.
During the booting, the system gives a warning that the mymodule is
statically linked to the kernel. If anyone, 've faced anc corrected the
similar problem, pls let to know.

 I 've used the following steps to install the module

kminstall -a mymodule
kmsystem -c y -l n mymodule [Configuring as Static module]
config /stand/system
kmupdate /stand/build/vmunix_test
kmadmin -k [list the satic module installed, it list mymodule module]

rgds,
Hari