List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    RE: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: Compiling gcc 3.2.1 on HP 11.00
From:       "Kim, Anthony" <anthony.kim () vw ! com>
Date:       2002-12-10 17:17:31

I've done this once but didn't need the 64bit compiler.
So here goes:

To compile 64bit gcc:

Use a 64bit compiler to compile a 64bit compiler.
(see my previous mail)

Use 64bit gnu binutils
(binutils compiled with --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00)

Use gnu ld and as:
A snippet from my Makefile:
        @if ( test ! -d $(OBJDIR) ) ; then $(MKDIR) $(OBJDIR) ; fi
        @cd $(OBJDIR) ; \
        $(WRKSRC)/configure --prefix=$(PREFIX)/$(PORTNAME)-$(PORTVER) \
                --with-gnu-as --with-as=$(AS) \
                --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs \
                --enable-languages=c,c++,f77 \
                --disable-threads
#               --host=hppa64-hp-hpux11.00    # if 64 bit
#               --with-gnu-ld --with-ld=$(LD) # if 64 bit use gnu ld