List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: shared memory regions created on HP machine
From:       Francois-Xavier Kowalski <francois-xavier.kowalski () hp ! com>
Date:       2002-11-29 8:13:41

Ajay Bansal wrote:

>Well, we are starting the machine without keboard or mouse. But we
>_need_ to start the xserver. We access the machin remotely using Exceed.
>This is a common development machine and many users use it
>simultaneously.

In this use case[1], you don't need to start the Xserver on the HP-UX
machine: The X applications running on the HP-UX server will communicate
directly with the Exceed X server. All that you need is proper X11
libraries installed on your system.

FiX

[1] Assuming that you are not using XDCMP kind of login.

Francois-Xavier "FiX" KOWALSKI     /_ __    Tel: +33 (0)4 76 14 63 27
OpenCall Business Unit            / //_/    Fax: +33 (0)4 76 14 43 23
Linux Projects Tech-Lead            /       HP Telnet: 779-6327
http://www.hp.com/go/opencall  i n v e n t