List:       hpux-devtools
Subject:    Re: HPUX-DEVTOOLS: More on 11.0, 11i
From:       "Richard J. Rauenzahn" <rrauenza () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2002-08-07 16:42:33

> Pardon my obsession with this issue: if I build
> code(C++) on HP11i, can I execute it on both 11.0 and
> 11i? Also, if I build libraries(C++) on 11i, can
> applications building on 11.0 link with it and run on
> both 11.0 and 11i?

If you aren't using new 11i features that wouldn't exist on 11.00 then
it probably will work.  But it isn't supported.  We only support
development on an older OS and moving the binaries/libs forward.

Rick's support matrix seems appropriate at this point:

Supported, known to work                -> warm fuzzies all around
Supported, known to not work            -> an HPite is in trouble
Unsupported, known to work              -> lucky today, unlucky tomorrow?
Unsupported, not known to not work      -> there but for the grace of Turing
Unsupported, known to not work          -> no, it was not deliberate ;-)

Rich