List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: combining -g with -O on HP
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-12-27 23:41:47

Do you strip with -l, or everything?

>-does stripping a binary that has -g and -O have the code paths as
> stripping a binary that was just compiled with -O
>-Any issues we might see with this?

I think they may be slightly different.

>-any reason why we SHOULDN'T combine the -g with -O and shipping the
> stripped binary to the world?
Jim

(You might consider just using strip -l so stack traces work.)

I'm not sure if there is any performance degradation.

The only issue is:  Are you getting the debuggability/supportability
you think you want/need?  I.e. have you tried this?

You do know you need an exact copy of every shared library that the
application is using?  Including libc and the aC++ runtime.