List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: Problem with dce threads
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-11-23 4:29:22

>I am getting core dumps somewhere around pthread_create in a shared
>library built with libcma.
>After some debugging with dde

Any reason you are not using kernel threads (not on 11.x?) or wdb/gdb?

>dde says that the signal is received while trying to expand the stack size.

What is the message?  What does gdb give?  Just signal 11?

>So I tried creating the thread with bigger stack size and I got a core
>dump this time at:
    1)  pthread_mutex_lock+0040
    2)  _p_mutex_lock+0070

>Can anybody point me out a possible reason?
Nick

What does the assembly code have at that location?
What are the register values?

   pthread_mutex_lock +0x40  ldw 0x24(r1),r31  .1  10.x
   pthread_mutex_lock +0x40  ldw 0x24(r22),r1  .2  11.x

Perhaps the mutex has been corrupted?
You would need dump out the area starting at $r1 or $r22.  ~88 bytes