List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    CXX-DEV: TI-RPC under UX11
From:       "Chandler, Allan \[IBM GSA\]" <Allan.Chandler () team ! telstra ! com>
Date:       2000-06-30 6:17:46

Has anyone had any experience in porting ONC RPC stuff to the new TI-RPC?

We have an application which under UX10 use
SVCXPRT->xp_raddr.sin_addr.s_addr to evaluate the incoming address of RPC
calls (for logging and security).

Under UX11, the xp_raddr sockaddr_in struct appears to have been replace
with a char[16] so, obviously, we can no longer select members of it.  I
notice that a xp_rtaddr has been added to the netbuf struct but it doesn't
contain a sockaddr_in member (having only a uint maxlen, uint len and char
*buf).

My question is this:  How does one get the RPC clients name (or address)
from this new structure?  Is the information in the char[16] array where I
can just cast it or is there some way yo extract a sockaddr_in from the
xp_rtaddr structure?

Regards,
AllanC.