List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: missing rdbuf member function in ostream
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () hpcllmx ! cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-06-29 3:41:09

>I need to use the ostream.rdbuf(streambuf*) function.
>Does anyone know when this function will be implemented.

For the cfront compatible iostream library, it probably won't.
For the C++ Standard Library, sometime later this year.

Note you can modify the bp field either by creating a derived class of
ios, or you can use -Dprotected=public and modify it directly.
Or add you own inline function to <iostream.h>.

>Has anyone received the new compiler release on British shores yet?
Mark Prince

A.03.25 should be available June 1, 2000.