List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: DA and DS compiler switches
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () hpcllmx ! cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2000-05-22 21:44:58

>that the +DA and +DS switches perform different actions

Yes, one says on which machines it runs, the other says how fast.

>Are these options mutually exclusive?  In other words, if I compile with
>+DA and +DS, do I get a "more optimized" executable than if I just
>compile with +DA or +DS alone?
Jason Steiner

No, they are orthogonal.
You should specify both.

>From: Matthew Collins <collins@hpsgns1.sgp.hp.com>
>In the scheduling models I don't know if the compiler behaves
>differently for PA1.1a through PA1.1e (is there any difference??)

Yes, they are for the N different version of those chips.

>if +DAportable is just a synonym for 1.1.

Yes, that's all it sets, +DA.

>I don't know if there is any difference between say just specifying:
+DA2.0 +DS2.0 and +DAV2000 +DSV2000 and +DAV2500 +DSV2500
Matthew

No.  Only the deprecated +tm has a difference.