List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    CXX-DEV: Re: CXX-DEV ANNOUNCE: CFront Discontinuance Details....
From:       Jon Dewis <jdewis () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       1999-05-25 8:22:38

Hi Alex,

	Very timely. I have included your letter in the June issue
	of our technical newsletter which targets independent
	software vendors who are members of our program (SPP)
	but who may not be using the cxxdev forum.

	Hope that's OK with you - if not please let me know - the
	June issue isn't due until the end of the 1st week
	in June.

	Regards

	Jon Dewis, SPP Electronic Technical Newsletter Editor.

> The following letter was mailed out earlier this year to all of our CFront \
> customers.  Knowing that letters like this don't always land on the right desk, I \
> decided that I would send it out to this illustrious list.  If you need further \
> information please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
>
> Alex McKale
> CFront Project Manager
>
> amckale@cup.hp.com
> 408-447-2404
>
> ======================
>
> Dear HP C++ Customer:
> In order to assist you with your future information technology planning, \
> Hewlett-Packard would like to inform you of our plans to discontinue further \
> development and enhancements to HP C++ (cfront) for HP 9000.  HP C++ products and \
> manuals will be available for purchase until August 1, 1999, after which time they \
> will be discontinued and will enter the support period.
> The product numbers affected by this announcement are P/N B3913CB, B3911CB, \
> B3913AB/B3912AA, B3911AB/B3910AA, B2402A/B2403A, B2404A/B2405A, and B6238AA.  HP \
> aC++ for HP 9000 is not affected by this announcement.
> The support period for HP C++ (cfront) will end on August 1, 2001.  During this \
> support period, customers who have support contracts for HP C++ will continue to \
> receive support assistance from the HP Response Center.  HP C++ (cfront) will be \
> supported on HP-UX 10.01, 10.10, 10.20 and 11.0 during the support period.
>
> Customers who have HP C++ support contracts are also currently entitled to use HP \
> aC++ for HP 9000 for free (you do not have to purchase the license for HP aC++) and \
> are encouraged to make the move to HP's strategic C++ compiler which adheres to the \
> ANSI C++ standard.   When you make the move to the aC++ product and want to receive \
> support for aC++, you must purchase support for the aC++ product and update your \
> support contract to reflect the HP aC++ product.
> We thank you for choosing Hewlett-Packard products and hope that you will continue \
> to look to Hewlett-Packard for your future computing solutions.  Please contact \
> your local HP Sales Representative or authorized HP reseller if you have any \
> questions.

           __       Jon Dewis,  Technical Consultant
          / /\	    Solution Provider Program
         / /  \     19111 Pruneridge Avenue
 __     /_/ /\ \    Cupertino,
/_/\  __\ \ \_\ \   CA  95014
 \ \ \/  \\ \  /    (408)-447-2571
  \ \  /\ \\ \ \    E-Mail (UNIX)    : jdewis@cup.hp.com
   \ \ \ \ \\ \ \                or  : jon_dewis@hp.com
      \_\/          (CC:Mail) : Dewis, Jon/HP-Cupertino,om5

                    FAX: (408)-447-1342