List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re: CXX-DEV: SO_SNDTIMEO option for sockets
From:       "Premkumar N. Devadason" <prem () hpsgns1 ! sgp ! hp ! com>
Date:       1998-07-24 17:07:23

Try to call setsockopt(2) as soon as you have called socket(2); I doubt you
can call (or set) after calls such as bind(2) for passive sockets. For active
sockets, I think it should be okay after connect(2) too.

As to whether it is supported, try inet(7F), tcp(7), socket(2) - I am sure
all this is listed there or ...

-Prem

--
Premkumar Devadason, Hewlett-Packard, Singapore. (prem@hpsgns1.sgp.hp.com)