List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    RE: CXX-DEV: Error 112: Include file <fstream> not found
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2008-02-06 0:13:37

>From: PoWah Wong <wong_powah@yahoo.ca>
>Now how to fix the following compile error?
>My makefile and makefile.hpux files do not mention g++, why g++ is
>invoked to compile codecvt.cc?

(You got the answer in comp.sys.hp.hpux.)
You need to remove the system headers from the makedepend stuff.
This is a problem we fixed a decade ago for -AP but never fixed the -AA
case in rw/ until much later in A.06.10, CR JAGaa86431.

Or you need to remove the build rules for .cc.

>g++ /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/codecvt.cc -o /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/codecvt

codecvt.cc is a header file and isn't to be compiled.

>From: "Bennett, Andy (HP-UX Support)" <andy.bennett@hp.com>
>In this case a .cc file.

That's it.

>Although a bigger question from me is:  Why is the makefile trying to
>compile /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/codecvt.cc at all?
Andy.

Because of the broken timestamps on codecvt.cc and codecvt.

>From: PoWah Wong <wong_powah@yahoo.ca>
>Do I modify my makefile to fix this problem?

Remove codecvt.cc from the makefile.  And other *.cc headers.

>From: PoWah Wong <wong_powah@yahoo.ca>
>The compile commands are:
>/opt/aCC/bin/aCC -c -E -E +M -AA -AA +DD64

You may want to use +m so system headers <xxx> aren't included.

>From: Richard T Malafa <rmalafa@csc.com>
>Andy is right and you might want to update your gcc at:

gcc isn't the issue here.

>From: PoWah Wong <wong_powah@yahoo.ca>
>We have to support the existing version of the compiler and OS because
>of customer requirement.

Then you need to change your makefile.

>From: PoWah Wong <wong_powah@yahoo.ca>
>I found codecvt in UtilBlock.dep which is generated by "make depend".

Right.  You'll need to remove that.
Also no real need to include files in /opt/aCC/include* and /usr/include/.
You can always do a clean when updating the OS or aC++ version.

$(platform)/UtilBlock.o: Util/UtilBlock.cpp \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/ctype \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/ctype.cc \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/numbrw \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/numbrw.cc \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/numeral \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/numeral.cc \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/codecvt \
 /opt/aCC/include_std/rw/codecvt.cc \

These pairs may also have this problem.

 Util/UtilBlock.h \
 ../util_dir/Include/ResultCode.h \
 ../util_dir/Include/../General/ResultCode.h \
 ../util_dir/Include/Defs.h \
../util_dir/Include/../General/../../fwinterface_dir/source/fwrc.h \
 ../util_dir/Include/Defs.h

These are all you really need to have.