List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: Support of PA-RISC aCC under aries?
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2007-07-11 20:58:52

> From: Tim Jones <timothy.jones@hp.com>
> We need to support/maintain some PA-RISC code after we move to an all
> IPF environment.

Since you're in HP you should get in contact with us directly and not
air your dirty linen in public.  ;-)

> I looked around the web/documentation, but couldn't find much.
Tim

All that is there is:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/portal/site/dspp/menuitem.863c3e4cbcdc3f3515b49c108973a801/?ciid=e2086d6e1de021106d6e1de02110275d6e10RCRD

> From: "Maucci, Cyrille" <cyrille.maucci@hp.com>
> Yes this is fully possible and supported.

I wouldn't say that exactly.

> From: "Chaurasia, Rajesh Kumar (STSD)" <rajeshkc@hp.com>
> There is no official HP support for running PA aCC compiler tool chain
> on IPF under Aries.  ...
> While it is technically possible to run PA aCC under Aries. It will not
> work out of the box.
-Rajesh

Right.