List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: Portability question
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2004-06-22 4:51:03

>From: Peter Burton <Peter_Burton@Hyperion.com>
>I have an HP-UX/Itanium2 B.11.23 rx2600 with C/C++ A.05.56 installed.
>Is it possible for me to create objects, libraries, and binaries that are
>compatibles with an HP-UX system running HP-UX/Itanium B.11.22?

Why do you care?  I believe 11.22 will be no longer be supported in Nov 2004.

Basically you are on your own and will have to set up an SDK yourself.

>If so, what would I need to put on the compile and link lines.  Also, what
>are the drawbacks and pitfalls of doing this?
Peter

You will have to compile with +DO11.22.

To set up an SDK:
http://h21007.www2.hp.com/dspp/tech/tech_TechDocumentDetailPage_IDX/1,1701,2548,00.html

This requires you to copy (or symlink) all of your 11.22 tools and headers
to your 11.23 system.