List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: Error 419: "/usr/include/sys/pset.h", line 186 #
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2004-05-26 3:57:12

Most of this has nothing to do with C++, you should have used HPUX-DEVTOOLS.

>From: Tuomo Tikkanen <Tuomo.Tikkanen@nokia.com>
>This might be same bug described in [1], but because the error message
>is different I'd like to take it up here too if there is one that could
>for sure tell if this is the case.

It sure looks like it.  Except with CR JAGae06481 it is for the C compiler:
c89 compiler error /usr/include/sys/pset.h Unexpected symbol: spu_t

>Error 419: "/usr/include/sys/pset.h", line 186 # 'spu_t' is used as a
>type, but has not been defined as a type.

>There is a very simple test case to bring this error up

Then you should use the C compiler.

>So is this the same bug described in [1] or a new one that given patch
>does not fix? [1] PHCO_27633
<< Tuomo-Markus Tikkanen <> Tuomo.Tikkanen@nokia.com >>

The patch seems to fix pthread.h.

>From: Tuomo Tikkanen <Tuomo.Tikkanen@nokia.com>
>Reason for that is that this option actually defines _HPUX_SOURCE.

This was mentioned recently.  There should be an update where it says
you can undef this if you want.

>but I find a bit strange that to use feature that is defined in UNIX98
>standard [1]  (_XOPEN_SOURCE=500) also _HPUX_SOURCE is needed

_HPUX_SOURCE is needed because that is the aCC default.

>I hope HP would pay some attention to this potential problem and try to
>get rid of need of _HPUX_SOURCE when compiling threaded application.
<< Tuomo-Markus Tikkanen <> Tuomo.Tikkanen@nokia.com >>

We can't because of compatibility.  We do document that you can do so with
-U_HPUX_SOURCE.