List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: OOPS!! Convert emitCode():
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2002-03-29 6:46:49

>When I compile the following code using:
>aCC -Ae +DD64 -c a.c
>OOPS!!  Convert emitCode(): unimplemented types in convert
>#include <stdio.h>
>void question() {
>  va_list dummy=(va_list)0;
>}
-Gary

This is not a valid test case.  The first is because you really need to
include <stdarg.h> and not depend on <stdio.h> including it.

The second is that va_list is a thingee with unknown content and layout
and you can't initialize it.  I.e. initializing it is non-portable.

You can only initialize it to 0 by creating it as a static.
Or cast the address of dummy:  *(void**)&dummy = 0;