List:       hpux-cxx-dev
Subject:    Re:  CXX-DEV: Allocating the process space in HP UXi
From:       Dennis Handly <dhandly () cup ! hp ! com>
Date:       2002-03-14 1:00:49

>But if I use some API in the shared library in my client program, the
>program cordumps with signal 10

If you get a signal, we need a stack trace.

>But the same API works fine if I run the "executable"

Are you saying it works when you call it from an a.out but fails when
you call it from a shared lib?

>This API internally calls some other call in shared library of size
>8,257,536KB which allocates memory for 400 messages.

What does size(1) say about the shared lib?  Your 8Gb above is not
valid for 32 bit.

>What I suspect is the memory allocated to the client process is not
>sufficient for loading this shared library.
Harish

Then you should get an error return from dld or malloc.  And you should be
checking all allocations for errors.