List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Replace boot disk (mirrored)
From:       clyon () hns ! com
Date:       2001-02-28 17:23:56

Hi all.

I have a system with  vg00 contained on a single, bootable disk.  vg00 is
mirrored to a second disk.
I am receiving many scsi bus errors naming the second disk and I would like to
replace it.

Since this is the second disk in the mirror, do I simply swap the drive, and run

vgsync /dev/vg00

Or, would I have to follow this procedure:

    #boot single user and override quorum
    # vgcfgrestore -n /dev/vg00 /dev/rdsk/cxtxdx
    # vgchange -a y /dev/vg00
    # mount /usr
    # mkboot /dev/rdsk/cxtxdx
    # mkboot -a "hpux (;0)/stand/vmunix" /dev/rdsk/cxtxdx
    # lvlnboot -R
    # vgsync /dev/vg00

or is it something in between?

Thanks in advance!   Chris