List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Charter change?
From:       Frank Walter <fwalter () CTDI ! COM>
Date:       2001-01-31 18:59:45

I feel compelled to toss in my two cents as well.

I have to agree with Nabeel regarding a restructure of the HPADM charter. I
don't think it's necessary 'cause "It ain't broke".

True, there are times I'd love to see the summary of particular problem,
perhaps not because I'm having the problem but because I might have the
problem one day. (Read: I want to learn something.) On those occasions if
it's not forthcoming, I'll remind the original poster of her/his
responsibility to the list. The summary is then forwarded.
I have to give the benefit of the doubt to those who don't post a summary as
quickly as I'd like but I remember being up to my fanny in alligators once
or twice and not having the time to post the summary right away.
As for those say some listers are 'too cheap to get a service contract' I
must respond - "Poop".
Not all of us have been fortunate enough to work for organizations who see
the value of a service and support contract. Some of us are thrown to the
sharks by non technical managers who only see this afternoons bottom line.
They are the ones too cheap for a service contract. They are also the people
who don't have to fix the problem. Since I've had to work under those
circumstances in the past I feel obligated to help others via this list. Do
I have the time (or knowledge) to assist each question? Not by a long shot.
I've been playing with HPUX for 4 and a half years and I've a ton of stuff
to learn. Let's remember that some newbies get drafted and others have been
in the trenches a long time. We can all learn from each other.
So please, let's leave what works alone.
Thanks for your time.

Frank J. Walter Jr.

Communications Test Design, Inc.
www.ctdi.com