List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Summary: Server
From:       Silvio Cesar Lima <silcesar () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2000-07-28 12:38:15

Hi,

I solved the problem, my system can boot now.
The problem started when I was configuring a 10/100MB interface card and put
the same address to both.
The first interface ( lan0 ) will be disabled and I wanted to configure the
second interface with the same address.
I installed the recommendeds patches and install the a package to recognize
the interface and install the driver.

I used the Support CD to reconfigure other vmunix and change the file
/etc/rc.config.d/netconf with diferents address to interfaces, but the
system continue claiming of the lan1 ( 10/100 ). I removed the driver (
btlan ) and the system showed messages of error, but continued the boot and
is up now, without lan1 recognized.

It is another problem, I will install all patches again, install the driver
and reboot the system, I hope that lan1 be recognized.

Thanks for all

Silvio Cesar