List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] [SUMMARY] Strange ignite problem
From:       Marcel Burggraeve <marcel () plusine ! nl>
Date:       2000-06-30 8:00:38

Thanks to all who replied and helped me solve the problem.

I overlooked one important thing, after installing everything I've changed
the IP address of the D320 and forgot to change it 'within' ignite.
instl_adm > /tmp/ignite
vi ignite and change the IP address
instl_adm -f /tmp/ignite
This solved my problem and everything is working fine now.

Thanks again

Original mesage :

I'm using a J5600 with ignite to do installs on a number of machines (
B2000, C3600 and J5600 ) which are frequently being rented to customers.
For some reasons I have to replace the J5600 with a D320 and now I'm having
a 'big' problem.
I've did a cold install of the nov99 11.00 HP-UX and installed the latest
ignite version ( J5600 has the same HP-UX release but an earlier ignite
release, upgrading to the latest ignite version on the J5600 didn't show the
same problem on the J5600 so I guess it's no ignite problem )
I've made a backup of the archives, the INDEX file from /var/opt/ignite and
restored this on the D320, configured dhcp and configured ignite.

Next I took a C3600 and did a sea lan install
I did a boot from the ignite server
I get the question about the keyboard
I get networking information ( here's the first strange thing, is networking
info only temporary shows no as default but the J5600 shows yes as default,
maybe this is set somewhere in a config file but I can't remember setting
this option somewhere in the past )
After this the errors appears, it shows the following :

TFTP> TFTP> TFTP> TFTP> TFTP> Transfer timed out
TFTP>
Error: could not read /var/opt/ignite/INDEX from install tftp server

This message is being shown about 5 times before it gives the option to do
an enter and return to the network screen.
I've allready checked /etc/inetd.conf and everything looks fine for tftp
The file INDEX exists and NFS has been set to export the archives, clients
and scripts directories under /var/opt/ignite

Anybody out there with a solution or some places where I should look for
config errors ?

--
Marcel Burggraeve
Plusine