List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Fiber Channel HBA on a K460
From:       cchheda () nse ! co ! in
Date:       2000-05-31 8:46:23

Server: HPk460 running 10.20

     We have installed an A3404A Fibre Channel HBA card on this system. The
driver software J3630BA has also been installed and configured. But when the
fibre optic cable is connected to the card, the link does not come up. So, the
devices connected on the FCAL hub do not show up in ioscan.
     The drivers fcT1_fcp, fcT1_cntl,fcpmux,fcp,fcT1 have been added to the
kernel.

     After browsing through the archives, I installed the PHSS_18326, but the
result is the same. On thing I noticed is that before installing the patch,
fcmsutil showed the driver state as OFFLINE . After installing the patch, the
driver state has changed to DEAD.

Can anyone pls point out what are we missing ???

Regards,
Chetan Chheda
National Stock Exchange of India