List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Failed in HP-UX Start-up in progress
From:       Hoe <shloke () mbox2 ! singnet ! com ! sg>
Date:       1999-11-29 14:26:39

Hello,

When I reboot my HP-UX 10.20 system, it failed in one of the HP-UX Start-up
in progress. It failed the "Starting HP Distributed Print Service". When I
view the file "rc.log' , the error message is as follow :

"Starting HP Distributed Print Service
Output from "/sbin/rc2.d/S722pd start":
pdclientd returned exit code: 255.
Could not start pdclientd.
See files /var/opt/pd/pdclientd/*.log for more information.
"/sbin/rc2.d/S722pd start" FAILED    ".

Any idea to resolved the failed process "Starting HP Distributed Print
Service". There is no printer configured locally for this system. I
configure a remote print service for this system. There is no problem for
me to print files from this system using remote printer.

regards,
Loke