List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Raid  5  configuration
From:       IXS4 () btc ! com ! bh
Date:       1999-05-29 7:50:37

Hello Admins,

I have got a model 20 disk array with 20*4GB disks
connected to K360 running HPUX 10.20. My database is on oracle 7.

I have created 4 luns of 5 disk each with raid 5 having lun0 and lun1 on one
controller and lun2 and lun3 on second controller. And I have created two VG's.
VG01 across lun0 and lun2. VG02 across lun1 and lun3. So that the VG's are
having disks on different controllers and Iam planning to stripe the LV's across
both the lun's which are on different controllers.

Lun 0   |  Lun 1   ---> controller A  VG01 across Lun0&2
Lun 2   |  Lun 3   ---> controller B  VG02 across Lun1&3

What would be the best stripe size and why ?
Any ideas to configure for better performance other than this. Iam not
interested in mirrorring as I don't wan't to waste any more space.

TIA and will summarise.

Rgds,
Dinesh.