List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] SUMMARY CDE login incorrect
From:       Kiran Kumar <kiran () menaka ! honeycto ! soft ! net>
Date:       1999-05-29 6:30:37

Thanks for responses from Barry Goble, Dave_Lahoti, Chris Wong and

Silke Ruhnow

Infact I extracted the the /usr and /etc filesystem from my
previous backup of root file systems which i had taken using
tar cvf. After reboot everything was normal.

The following were the suggestion i got.

1. make sure /etc/resolv.conf is 444 r--r--r--

Try running  /usr/contrib/bin/X11/dr_dt   this will say if any files or
directories have incorrect perms.

2. Reinstall CDE subsystem from CDROM.