List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] SUMMARY How to disable quota check ?
From:       Shoji.Yoshikawa () let ! rug ! nl
Date:       1998-10-30 8:23:40

Hi, Admins

 Thanks for your reply.

 Klas Ström
 Piotr Strzy¿ewski
 Olaf Hopp
 joseph goncheroski
 Bob Brown
 Jeff Lightner
 Jay Koonz
 Rick Clark

 1).
The simplest way to disable 'quota' checking after
 login is to set an attribute of  /usr/bin/quota
 from "-r-xr-xr-x" to "-r--r--r--". This one works fine.
 Or just rename /usr/bin/quota to something.

 2).
 The reason which 'quota' started to take longer time to
 complete varied.
   NFS problems, DNS problems or some X-termial with floppy problem.

 Our problem is probably NFS problem as this system is NFSD cluster system.
 I will reboot and see if the problem remains or not.

Thanks again.

 --shoji

 Shoji Yoshikawa                     System manager    E-Mail: shoji@let.rug.nl
 University of Groningen, Faculty of Arts              Phone : + 31 50 3635958
P.O. Box 716, 9700 AS  Groningen,  The Netherlands    Fax   : + 31 50 3637272