List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] mounting disk device
From:       lkok () comark ! com
Date:       1997-12-23 15:47:32

Hi all,

Have any of you mount a disk device say /dev/dsk/c0t6d0 to a mount point
and then use it as is instead of using LVM? One of our SAP consultant
said this is the easier way instead of creating volumn group and logical
volumn. I am not on his side especially on this one. It will work since
dev/dsk/c0t6d0 and logical volumn are both block device. But again, you
don't have the flexibility to span the volumn group to multiple
disk...etc. And this is the main advantage by using LVM. In this case,
what is the difference with hard partitioning? Any comments?

Lewis Kok
lkok@comark.com