List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] General info on networking F10 and F20 servers
From:       mfonseca () innovativesoftware ! com
Date:       1996-11-29 19:05:56

Hello,
    A friend of mine has an F10 with 20 users, another F10 with 40 users =
and one F20 with 15 users at different sites separated by some 12 miles =
from each another.  They're all using the Ethernet multiport star option =
that came standard with those servers, running on TCP/IP for their =
on-site networking needs.  He needs to connect the three F servers at a =
speed of at least 64kbps and provide a connection to the Internet via a =
64kbps digital modem (that's what the crappy Internet provider here =
gives us at most) keeping the local network secure but providing access =
to an Internet web server to satisfy customers requests for an =
invoicing/tracking application.  I'd like to know more about the =
hardware options that I can put on these machines (I come mostly from =
the PC, RS/6000 and Sun-SPARC world, and know nothing about the F =
servers), and the software needs to isolate the data on the local =
network from the Internet web site.  Also any information on the costs =
of maintenance of such a setup would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in =
advance,

						Miguel I. Fonseca-Borrase