List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Summary GCC on 10.20 (and furhter questions)
From:       stanb () netcom ! com
Date:       1996-11-29 15:51:08

	Thanks to several helpful people that have pointed out that the problem
	with procesing include files for the buiding of GCC on 10.20 is not in
	the include files. It is in the HP version of sed.

	While using the GNU version of this will fix the problem, it leads to a
	chinken/egg problem, since you might need to use GCC to build GNU sed.

	If someone can explain *how* the HP sed is broken, I will open a
	problem report with HP on this, in am attempt to get the HP version of
	sed fixed.

	Something tells me that reporting that it's broken wiht only the entire
	GCC build process as an example probably won't get it fixed. I suppose
	I could work my way thoruhg figuring out what;s broken, but if somebady
	has already done this, I would be wasting my time, which would be
	better spent trying to get the problem fixed.

	Thanks.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    404-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems