List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] canceling remote print jobs
From:       tcleamy () ucdavis ! edu
Date:       1995-09-29 17:53:50

Hello all,

  I have several HP boxes which act as print servers for other HP and Sun
machines.  Everything works except that you can cancel a print job only
from the machine that sent the job or the print server.  Here's a portion
of the lpd.log:

rlpdaemon: dale requests printjob 76hutchb
rlpdaemon: bullwinkle requests rmjob 76hutchb root  707
rlpdaemon: dale requests rmjob 76hutchb root  707

I printed from dale and tried to kill it from bullwinkle as root.  It
didn't work but said it did.  When I kill it from dale it works.  Is
there something obvious I am missing.  I believe some Unixs have a
hosts.lpd or some such but HP-UX doesn't appear to.  Does anyone have any
ideas?  Thanks for your time.

			Tim Leamy
			Information Resources
			University of California at Davis