List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Disk crash recovery, please help!!!
From:       philsie () crete ! mitre ! org
Date:       1995-06-29 18:14:19

Greetings,

	I'm having a bad day!!!  I just had a drive go belly
	up on me.  It's not on a machine that I regularly support
	so I didn't have it in my regular backups (please don't
	flame me, as I said, I'm having a bad day...:-/ ).

	What I need to know, are there places that can do data
	recovery.  I've seen this thread before but I didn't see
	a summary in our database.

	It's a R-Squared drive, diskinfo (from a similar drive) says:

	SCSI describe of /dev/rdsk/c201d3s0:
		vendor: IBM OEM
		product id: 0664M1H
		type: direct access
		size: 1966520 Kbytes
		bytes per sector: 512

	I need addresses, numbers, or DNS patterns of someone who
	does this sort of repair.  I know it depends on the state of
	the drive.  It might have been the power supply, it might have
	just been natural causes.  If anyone has this information, I'd
	be extremely grateful...

	I'll summarize...

		thanks in advance,

			Phil

--
Philip Brown                  |
Administrator of Operations   |   "Spoooon!!!!"