List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Killing a process that won't die
From:       johns () nado ! hp ! com
Date:       1995-06-28 8:34:55

First allow me to introduce myself.  I just joined this list a couple of
days ago, and figured it's time to 'delurk'. My name is John Sturgeon, I
am a System Administrator at Hewlett Packard, always searching for new and
interesting ways to do things.

Now onto the 'gotcha'...

I have a process that was in the middle of an nfs remote procedure call, when
the remote machine went down.  That process is now blocked on RPC, and
won't accept any kill signals.  That process was over an nfs mount; therefor,
I can't unmount the stale mount because of the 'Device Busy' problem...
aarrgghh...

Does anyone have a clue how to 'kill' this process.  I really don't want to
bring this server down.

Thanks,

BTW, I did search the archive, and couldn't find anything...

--
John Sturgeon <><
johns@nado.hp.com