List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] * Need suggestions for creating 11000 students
From:       Eddy.Beliveau () hec ! ca
Date:       1995-06-28 12:21:38

Date:   28-JUN-1995 08:03:26

Hi! Networkers,

   We are trying to define the standard that we will utilize when we
will be creating 11,000 individual account for our students

   One suggestion is to use the student numeric id for each account,
which is a 8-digit field, for example 95000001 (the first two digits are
the year of their admission at the university)

   Those students will be part of one single group named 'students' or
we can use about 10 groups, one for each category of studying (bachelor,
master...)

   We will use diskquota limitations for those students

   Each students will have an individual e-mail adress,
for example:       Eddy.Beliveau@hec.ca
or we can use the
following address: Eddy.Beliveau@student.hec.ca
or if duplication: Eddy.2.Beliveau@student.hec.ca

   What do you thing of this?
   Is there some pitfalls?
   What standards are you using for your student accounts?

   Is there a program which can generate lots of user accounts with
random password? We are using HP/UX 9.05

   Thanks in advance, I'll summarize,

   Eddy    :-{)

| Eddy Beliveau,            Tech. Support Mgr |        Internet:          |
| Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales        |   Eddy.Beliveau@hec.ca    |
| (Quebec) H3T 1V6    | Phone: (514) 340-6073 | Any   horizontal  surface |
| Canada              | Fax  : (514) 340-5637 | soon tends to be piled up |