List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] SNAP3270 Problems (Summary)
From:       rbeckman () csc_uuxch ! dayton ! csc ! com
Date:       1995-05-30 16:45:31

     After many hours of looking through traces and configuring the IBM to
     send the proper bind requests to the HP we found the problem why the
     printer wasn't working from the IBM.

     When we initially installed SNAP3270 we configured a single display
     and printer.  After getting the SDLC link working the display sessions
     worked without any problems at all.  The printer took a lot longer
     until we realized that in SNAP3270 the printer LU was showing up under
     Display in the Control menu instead of under Printers.  All we had to
     do to correct the situation was to delete the printer and add it back
     in with the same parameters and it worked!

     All I figure is somewhere in all the configuration the printer record
     had been corrupted so that the configuration utility thought it was a
     printer but snap3270 thought it was a display.  It acted like a
     printer but wouldn't bind because it didn't have a valid printer lu
     number.  Can't change the lu number of the printer so deleting and
     readding it back in was our only solution.

     Hope this helps someone else from pulling their hair out.

     Rob Beckman
     CSC Apple Valley
     rbeckman@dayton.csc.com