List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] LDAP-UX + Redhat/Netscape Dir Server password age status info
From:       Jonathan Smaby <jonathan.smaby () pomona ! edu>
Date:       2008-09-29 19:07:47

Good morning,

Well, now that we're switching from /etc/passw authentication to LDAPUX
using RedHat/Netscape Dir Server 7.1, the command "passwd -s bobsmith"
doesn't return password age information as was when we were just using
/etc/passwd. I have several reports that run as /bin/sh cron-jobs that send
user status reports to various IT staff. How can I obtain user password age
information from RedHat/Netscape Directory Server? I've tried using
/var/opt/netscape/server/slapd-<instance>/ns-accountstatus.pl, but all it
tells me is inactive versus active, no information about days left with
current password for a given LDAP entry.

Any advice or tools you know of that will obtain password status info?

TIA!