List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] sudo fails swconfig say corrupt
From:       "Naylor, Jim" <Jnaylor () Schnucks ! com>
Date:       2006-03-28 14:36:11

Hello All,
I am having a minor problem.  Any time I boot this system (N4000 HPUX 11.0) and it \
goes through the swconfig it fails.  When I run it manually it also fails with the \
following:

ERROR:   The software selection "sudo.sudo-RUN,l=/opt/sudo,r=1.6.6"
         will be excluded because it is corrupt.  Correcting a corrupt
         fileset requires that you reinstall it.

       * Summary of Analysis Phase:
ERROR:       Exclude       sudo.sudo-RUN,l=/opt/sudo,r=1.6.6
ERROR:   1 of 1677 filesets had Errors.
       * 1676 of 1677 filesets will be Skipped.
ERROR:   The Analysis Phase had errors.  See the above output for
         details.

       * Beginning the Configure Execution Phase.
       * Filesets:         0
       * Running config clean command /usr/lbin/sw/config_clean.

       * Summary of Execution Phase:
ERROR:       Skipped (in analysis) sudo.sudo-RUN,l=/opt/sudo,r=1.6.6
ERROR:   1 of 1677 filesets had Errors.
       * 1676 of 1677 filesets were Skipped.
ERROR:   The Execution Phase had errors.  See the above output for
         details.

Sudo works just fine.  I did notice that when I installed sudo I got a failure \
because it was doing a SUID to 4111 but it installed sudo fine.  I went back and did \
the chmod on /opt/sudo/bin/sudo to 4111.  I even tried to reinstall sudo but still \
have the same problem.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim Naylor
Unix/Storage Systems Administrator
Schnuck Markets, Inc.
*  Direct (314) 994-4784
))(  Cell    (314) 691-0186
      Fax     (314) 994-4684
*  E-Mail  jnaylor@schnucks.com

The information transmitted (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic \
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is intended only for the person(s) \
or entity/entities to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or \
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or \
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other \
than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please \