List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Data Center Temperature Control Device
From:       Ben Le <ble () pcc ! edu>
Date:       2005-07-29 16:34:57

Hi List,

The story is, on one Sunday, our both ACs in the data center died. The data
center temperature got to 138F until someone discovered.
I am looking for a temperature control device that will execute the
following conditions when the room get to 85F.
- Send Email message.
- Page the Engineer.
- Shut off the main UPS power that feeds all the servers. That's fine. I
rather cold power shutdown the servers instead to let them melt.

Does any one have any recommendations or references. Thanks.

Ben

Benjamin Le
Sr. Systems Administrator
Information Technology Services
Portland Community College
Voice:(503)-977-4736   Fax:(503)-977-8124
Mailto:ble@pcc.edu     http://www.pcc.edu