List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Re: File Access
From:       "MuthuKumar" <kmuthukumar () lycos ! co ! uk>
Date:       2004-10-13 9:50:10

I'm looking for a way to show the changes of a file access time.  I am not sure how \
to show the changes via a find command with the  atime option.  Is there a way I can \
show if a file has not been accessed in 2 hours?  If the file is not updated within 2 \
hours I am  wanting to print a warning message, any help would be appreciated.

++++++++++++++++++++

We can do this as,

    create a temporary file with touch command with time frame of two hours before.
    touch ....... testfile

    find /path -name "*" -type f -newera newfile -exec ls -l {} \;

    You can use find command man page for -newer / -newera options more.

HTH.

Regards
Muthukumar.

---