List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Performance Issues with itanium based processor
From:       Amit Kumar <amitkoomar () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2004-07-19 18:31:29

Hi,

Itanium Processor Based Machine Performance issues

There are 2 itanium processor based HP machines rp4620
running HP11i, which is having 4 CPUs and 4 GB RAM.
But we are facing severe preformance issues on this
machine. This machine is used as exceed server,
where user runs most of the application, which is
availbe for PA-RISC and some are compiled for 10.20.

We always face sever issues like, hang of opening
xterm, some application cause hang of the machine.
Increasing the maxdsiz didn't help.
There are total 25 users connected to this machine as
of now.

This is even worse that the J class 5600 running 10.20
with 2 cpus and 2 GB RAM. Here 30 users are connected
and
we rarely receive any complain about the performance
issues.

Could you throw some light on this problem. Is this
machine require any kind of configuration, which we
are missing?

or this itanium based process has this kind of problem
for PA-RISC based applications.

Thanks,
Amit