List:       hpux-admin
Subject:    [HPADM] Cold Install Problem
From:       Roger Realsen <roger.realsen () wareforce ! com>
Date:       2003-07-25 23:36:50

Gurus

TEST SERVER
HP9000 G50

I am trying to do a cold install of 11.0 from the May 1999 (Install and Core
OS CD).  Here are the steps I am following:

1.  Put the CD in the CD drive.
2.  Reboot the server (# shutdown -r 0)
3.  Interrupt the boot sequence at the appropriate point.
4.  "Boot from Primary Path?" - answer N
5.  "Boot from Alternate Path?" - answer N
6.  "Enter Boot Path?" - answer 52.0.0 (path to CD drive)
7.  "Interact with IPL?" - answer Y
8.  At the IPL prompt, I enter "hpux install"
9.  I get the following response:
	Boot
	:disc(52.0.0;0)install
	disc(52.0.0;0)install: cannot open, or not executable
	Exec failed: No such file or directory

Now, I realize it's been A VERY LONG time since I have tried a cold install
but the steps above are what was taught to me and all I have to follow.

What am I doing wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,

Roger Realsen
Director of IT
WF Acquisition Sub, Inc (Wareforce)
19 Morgan
Irvine, CA  92618
PH: (949) 452-1411
FX: (949) 452-1413
Email:  roger.realsen@wareforce.com

****This information may be confidential and/or privileged. Use of this
information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you received this in error, please inform the sender and remove any record
of this message.*****